I just finished reading “10 Things Every Minister Needs to Know” by Ronnie Floyd. I really enjoyed his insights of over 30 years of ministry. In the last chapter he talked about when facing a decision or going through a transition whether personal, or in the ministry, ask yourself some questions. Here are the questions he wrote that we need to ask ourselves:
1. Did this opportunity begin with God?
2. Am I willing to do it?: Am I willing to walk away from this as much as I am willing to do it?
3. Is it God’s timing?
4. Is God saying anything to me through James 3:13-18?
5. Does this decision demonstrate the fruit of the Holy Spirit?
6. Does this decision bring glory to God?
7. What is God saying to me?
I know there are always times in life where we would like to have a “do-over”, but how many times would our decisions have turned out for the better had we followed God’s Word and asked ourselves questions like the ones above?